BY RYAN HEALY
There’s no doubt Generation Y will fundamentally change corporate America. It’s already started. Managing Gen Y is a hot topic among consultants, HR executives and talent
We have a voice, and we have the ear of the decision-makers. We’re primed to change the workplace for the better. Here’s how we’ll do it.
1. We’ll hold only productive meetings. A good meeting will pull everyone to the same page while motivating him or her to get the work done—which shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes. As soon as Gen Y is running the show, watch wasted meeting time drop dramatically.
2. We’ll shorten the workday. A real workday for most of us, if you include the commute and breaks, is at least 10 hours. I would guess about half of those hours are spent doing real work. To balance work and life, you cannot waste time at the office. Gen Y knows this...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- 6 ways to prepare for collaboration
- Smart questions lead to riches
- FMLA may require reinstatement, even with work restrictions
- 4 ways to improve your disability-management program