You don’t have to ignore a sudden and shocking deterioration in an employee’s performance and behavior. You can and should ask for a fitness-for-duty exam. Just be prepared to discuss possible accommodations if it turns out the employee is disabled.
Recent case: Marion Crews worked for Dow Chemical in the HR office and was expected to transfer to a position with Dow in Europe. However,
Crews’ supervisor observed that Crews was unable to formulate organized arguments about topics she understood, discussed improper topics during meetings, missed or failed to reschedule meeti...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- How should we handle worker's upcoming transgender transformation?
- Ban all supervisor comments about workers' ages
- Three investigation lessons learned from a political controversy
- UPS accused of blacklisting following disputed drug test