A Don’t micromanage the length of smokers’ breaks. Instead, hold each employee accountable for a certain amount of work. Give poor monthly to those who don’t pull their weight. The smokers who take overly long breaks soon will realize they must ramp up their production or lag further behind and get increasingly negative performance reviews. Also, set up a wellness incentive program for all employees—smokers and nonsmokers alike. Smokers can receive awards for quitting and nonsmokers can earn awards for, say, exercising at a gym regularly.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Don't let employee recognition slide
- N.J. Supreme Court backs former HR exec who copied documents
- Insurance claims adjusters may be exempt under California law
- Employee is pregnant? You can still discipline or fire if she violates your policies