WS: You’ve been involved in mentoring programs for a long time. Did you ever have a mentor early in your career?
Stupski: My wife and I just had lunch with my mentor. I met him 27 years ago when I was just starting out. He was my boss at the time. In fact, he’s only three or four years older than me. He helped me set boundaries. He was always there to describe potential personal pitfalls and career insights.
WS: Can you give us an example of something he told you?
Stupski: I’ll never forget when he said, “Stop complaining. Don’t do it t...(register to read more)
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Hacked! Limiting employer liability for breaches of employee data
- Feds delay start date for E-Verify, 'red flag' rules
- States settle deceptive-Practices lawsuit against Express Scripts
- Beware last-ditch efforts to claim FMLA leave