Reader Christine A. Elliott of Hertz Farm
“Please answer the following grammar question for us:
Is it ‘Crop input prices have been raising rapidly’ or ‘Crop input prices have been rising rapidly’?”
Answer: You can raise something, like your hand or a child or even a price. For example, “I raise tomatoes in my yard” or “The store raised its prices again.”
But something rises, or moves upward, on its own, like hot air or the sun.
So, in the example above, the crop input prices are rising.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Rule of thumb: Good records win cases
- Handle supervisor harassment with a good policy, timely investigation and independent review
- How far will your staff push their rights today?
- How are you handling 'overtitling'?