Help employees cope with the sudden death of a co-worker by reacting in a swift, sensitive manner. Example: In April 2004, when McDonald’s CEO Jim Cantalupo died of a heart attack while at a company convention, the team quickly sent an e-mail with accurate information to workers and offered them grief counseling.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- So they just made you a supervisor: Here's what you need to know
- Beware influence of biased supervisor when making termination decisions
- Change management: Be frank in conveying a new strategy
- Crack down on association discrimination—especially if there are threats of violence