Fortunately, the double-taxation threat isn’t as dire as it seems. This Special Report features five tax-advantaged ways to pull cash out of your company—all perfectly legal!
Strategy 1: Fine-tune taxable income
Back in the day, it usually made sense to zero out your company’s taxable income for the year (i.e., reduce it to its lowest possible amount) via deductible payments for compensation and benefits provided to you. That way, you minimized the impact of double taxation.
Of course, any extra compensation received is subject to federal income tax at rates up to 35 percent, plus employment taxes. (For 2006, yo...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- New Ohio minimum wage trumps upcoming fed increase
- Landmark N.J. Ruling Adds New Reason to Monitor Internet Usage
- Payroll records: Fine-tune exempt, nonexempt timekeeping
- 7 questions to ask about your year-end bonus plan