The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When accommodation is impossible, it's OK to discharge disabled worker
- FedEx pays $3 million to settle hiring bias charges
- Big bucks for harassment, plus attorneys' fees
- Beware the high price of foul language: Expensive trials before unsympathetic judges