The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- No requirement to break up love triangles--but be prepared for workplace violence
- Want to catch harassment? Go looking for it
- Check the validity of reasons behind a supervisor's call for firing
- One insensitive comment isn't enough to create a hostile environment