1. What are the size requirements for federal workplace posters?
a. At least 8½” by 11” for all posters
b. OSHA poster must be 8½” by 14”; others must be “easily readable”
c. All wage-related posters must be at least 8½” by 11”; others must be “readable”
2. What is the maximum number of hours you can require adults to work in a seven-day period, according to federal law?
c. The Fair Labor Standards Act doesn’t limit work hours
3. What percentage of Americans say they believe their paychecks are accurate every payday?
4. Percentage of employees who say they doubt the ability of their HR team to keep the details of their personal situations confidential:
5. California recently became the sixth state to ban:
a. People under age 15 working during the school year
b. Reading or sending text messages while driving
c. Job discrimination against left-handed people
6. What’s the most common form of health care plan offered by U.S. employers?
c. Self-insured plans
7. COBRA requires employers to offer continuing group health benefits to employees. The federal law applies
to employers with:
a. 15 or more employees
b. 20 or more employees
c. 50 or more employees
Source: 1. DOL; 2. DOL; 3. American www.ca.gov; 6. Culpepper & Associates study; 7. DOL.Assoc. survey; 4. Ouch Point survey; 5.
Answers: 1. B 2. C 3. C 4. A 5. B 6. A 7. B
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Warn supervisors: Wage mistakes could mean personal liability--and they would have to pay!
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Metrics: Track each employee's 'Baseball card' statistics
- New York's same-sex marriage law requires reviewing benefits
- Nonrenewal of Contract After Whistle-Blowing May Be Illegal