Presently pending before Congress are two bills that could dramatically change labor relations across the United States.
The Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) would amend the National Labor Relations Act to establish a new system that would enable employees to form and join labor unions. The Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act of 2007 would bolster unionizing efforts among police officers, firefighters and emergency medical workers nationwide.
Card checks, not ballots
If the EFCA passes, unions will be able to obtain reco...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Under Ohio disability discrimination law, employees can go directly to court
- Crackdown looms for misclassifying employees as contractors
- No sovereign immunity for public school bodies
- Just doing your job? That's not whistleblowing