Presently pending before Congress are two bills that could dramatically change labor relations across the United States.
The Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) would amend the National Labor Relations Act to establish a new system that would enable employees to form and join labor unions. The Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act of 2007 would bolster unionizing efforts among police officers, firefighters and emergency medical workers nationwide.
Card checks, not ballots
If the EFCA passes, unions will be able to obtain reco...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- New York's Employee Leave Laws
- What are the pros and cons of requiring staff to sign mandatory arbitration clauses?
- Appeals court: Calling someone a 'contractor' doesn't necessarily mean he is one
- Ledbetter's lesson: Revamp salary guidelines to make pay as fair as possible