Many baby boomers recently surveyed by AARP say they'd be willing to take service positions after they retire from their long-term careers. Among the top jobs mentioned: customer service rep, retail salesperson, landscaper, cashier, computer support specialist, real estate agent, secretary and child care worker. Note: A separate study by consultants Challenger, Gray & Christmas says older employees are more productive during early-morning shifts.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Manning's big tip earns big penalty for Raleigh waiter
- New definition of 'dependent' sparks benefit-law confusion
- Lead your organization toward globalization: 6 steps
- Purged disciplinary record doesn't mean it can't be considered in future litigation