You won't face a bidding war with competitors over new college graduates. Reason: Starting pay for most new grads is lower than it was just one year ago, most notably in tech fields, according to a study by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Example: The average offer to computer science grads plummeted from $51,429 in January 2002 to $44,678 in January 2003. That's a change from just a few years ago, when double-digit increases were typical.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Rival unions come to blows over recruiting nurses
- Remind hiring managers: What you wear during interview may invite discrimination lawsuit
- The 15 weirdest interview questions posed in 2014
- What are the rules for conducting pre-employment physicals and drug tests?