Champion Window of Pittsburgh has agreed to pay $100,000 to settle a race discrimination lawsuit brought by the EEOC.
Former employee Martell Waite, who is black, said the company refused to give him the same tools, benefits and assistance it gave to white workers in the same position.
When he complained about racially offensive language and discrimination, the company demoted him and, finally, fired him.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Holiday scheduling: 7 steps to help you keep the peace
- Crack down on association discrimination—especially if there are threats of violence
- Making Transfers: Prepare to Prove New Job Isn't a Dead-End
- Management commits gross bias error? Fast action can stop employee's lawsuit