The HR I.Q. Test: July ’18
1. What did SHRM’s CEO Johnny Taylor say last month that has created an “HR level of activity like nothing we’ve ever seen”?
a. Confusion over health care law
b. Political disputes in the workplace
c. #MeToo sexual harassment complaints
2. Which landmark employment law turned 25 years old this year?
a. Americans with Disabilities Act
b. Family and Medical Leave Act
c. Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
3. Starbucks closed many of its stores on May 29 to train their employees on:
a. Sexual harassment
b. Unconscious bias
c. Coffee-foam art
4. Who is more willing to accept a promotion without a salary increase?
a. Male employees
b. Female employees
5. Percentage of employees who say the onboarding process at their current job was “great”:
6. In 1998, about half (53%) of teens held jobs in the summer. Today that number has:
a. Increased to 56%
b. Declined to 44%
c. Declined to 35%
Sources: 1. NPR radio interview 2. Department of Labor 3. TheHRSpecialist.com 4. OfficeTeam survey of HR pros 5. Gallup Poll, May 2018 6. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Answers: 1. c 2. b 3. b 4. a 5. a 6. c