The HR I.Q. Test: June ’18
1. What kind of rest breaks does federal law require?
a. At least two 15-minute breaks every eight hours
b. One 30-minute break every eight hours
c. Federal law doesn’t mandate rest breaks, but some state laws do
2. A new survey of law firms says the #MeToo sexual harassment movement has led to:
a. A spike in sexual harassment lawsuits against employers
b. An increase in anti-harassment training by employers
3. What percentage of Americans surveyed said that they’ve give up the right to vote in exchange for a 10% raise at work?
4. A decade ago, 31% of global employers reported talent shortages. What is the percentage today?
5. What are the top two reasons (in order) employees claim for being late to work:
a. Traffic, overslept
b. Forgot something, traffic
c. Traffic, bad weather
6. COBRA requires continuing group health benefits to employees. The federal law applies to employers with:
a. 10 employees
b. 20 employees
c. 50 employees
Sources: 1. www.dol.gov/whd/state/rest.htm 2. Bloomberg Law report 3. LendEDU survey 4. ManpowerGroup study 5. CareerBuilder 6. U.S. Department of Labor
Answers: 1. c 2. b 3. c 4. c 5. a 6. b