Admin Pro Forum

What’s the farthest you’ve ever traveled for work?

Question: "At a professional conference recently, I was amazed to find out that some companies were so open to sending their admins overseas for weeks at a time for work. I'm sent sometimes to the next state overnight, but I certainly never had to get a passport! I'm wondering if any admins out there travel for their job to unusual places. I think it would inspire me!" - Dawn, Health Insurance Auditor

Leave your response below!

Raelene Wundrow May 21, 2018 at 9:16 am

At my previous employer I was in charge of planning our National Sales meeting. This took me to varies sites across the United States and Mexico over my 10 year tenure.

Sharon Crowe May 17, 2018 at 4:05 pm

I live in Ontario, Canada and in March I attended a Conference in London, England. It was awesome and I brought my husband and daughter and we tacked on days for sight seeing. Would love to travel more for work or for conferences.

Jua'nean May 9, 2018 at 1:34 pm

Our company’s corporate office is in Ohio and I am traveling to Orlando for a conference. I would love to travel to Europe for a conference.

AAinDMV May 7, 2018 at 12:24 pm

I’ve been to a couple of events in state and one out of state. As an admin at a school, a lot of our professional development budget gets eaten up & or reserved ahead of time by teachers. Often, we’re left with free or low-cost webinars, which doesn’t help us to feel refreshed or allow us to network or spend time with others in the same job.

Shannon May 3, 2018 at 6:19 pm

Last year I traveled to London, England for a team meeting. I tacked on some vacation time to take advantage of my first trip to Europe. I’ve also traveled to Guadalajara, Mexico and hope to one day visit our operations in Morocco. I love the travel opportunities!

Stephanie N May 3, 2018 at 4:21 pm

I work for the State of CA and my travel has been within the state. I have co-workers who do audits which does require them to travel out of state but the trips are approved months in advance. I have put in a request to attend a training in Las Vegas which has already been paid for by me.

Mary McGill May 3, 2018 at 4:07 pm

I traveled from Denver, CO to Ontario, Canada for a training session one time. I had requested to attend one in Las Vegas and my supervisor requested I look for another training session to included more topics. I found the one in Canada and he sent me. It was a very good training session and I got a lot of good knowledge from it.

Nicole Cangey May 3, 2018 at 4:04 pm

I haven’t heard of traveling out of the country for professional conferences. Personally, I wouldn’t want to do that.