The HR I.Q. Test: March ’18
1. What’s the number one reason that people say they don’t report sexual harassment at work?
a. Afraid of losing job
b. Don’t want to be labeled a troublemaker
c. Don’t think they’ll be believed
2. What do HR professionals say is their greatest workforce management challenge today?
c. Employee engagement
3. What’s the most popular reason that people take FMLA leave?
a. For a child or spouse’s illness
b. For their own illness
c. For a new child
4. In 1965, Americans age 65 and older made up 11% of the workforce. What is the percentage of over-65 workers today?
5. Nearly a quarter (72%) of HR professionals surveyed said this day should be a paid national holiday from work:
a. The Friday after Thanksgiving
b. Election Day
c. The day after the Super Bowl
Sources: 1. CareerBuilder survey 2. Society for Human Resource Management survey 3. U.S. Department of Labor survey 4. AARP survey 5. OfficeTeam survey
Answers: 1. b 2. b 3. b 4. a 5. c