The HR I.Q. Test: February ’18
1. In 2018, the per-violation penalty for failing to post an FMLA notice in the workplace was raised to___?
2. Which level of workers most often say they’re stressed at their jobs?
c. Senior management
3. What percentage of sexual misconduct at the workplace gets reported to HR?
4. Which age group of employees experiences the highest rate of on-the-job fatal accidents?
c. 55 and up
5. In which state do the highest percentage of people say they’re happy at work (and the lowest)?
a. Highest: Hawaii; Lowest: Washington, D.C.
b. Highest: Maine; Lowest: Ohio
c. Highest: California; Lowest: Alaska
6. In which jobs do the highest percentage of people say they’re happy (and the lowest)?
a. Highest: Neurosurgeon; Lowest: Telemarketer
b. Highest: Comedian; Lowest: Janitor
c. Highest: Video game producer; Lowest: Stock clerk
Sources: 1. U.S. Department of Labor 2. CareerBuilder survey 3. Challenger, Gray & Christmas study 4. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics 5. Sokanu survey 6. Sokanu survey
Answers: 1. a 2. a 3. c 4. c 5. a 6. c