Reality check! 6 questions for leaders
When he’s not sure if he’s on target in assessing a situation, leadership guru John Maxwell asks himself six questions:
1. What constitutes reality in this situation? Do others agree with my assessment of it?
2. Can we identify each relevant issue? Can we break down the facts to better understand them?
3. Can these issues be fixed? Let’s separate the solvable from the unsolvable.
4. What are our options? Let’s establish a game plan.
5. Am I willing to follow this game plan? My commitment as a leader is essential.
6. Will my leadership team also follow the game plan? Their commitment as leaders is essential, too.
— Adapted from Leadership Gold, John C. Maxwell, Thomas Nelson.