The HR I.Q. Test: September ’17
1. Employers must retain a Form I-9 for each employee for:
a. At least three years after the hire date or one year after termination, whichever is later
b. At least one year after the hire date or three years after termination, whichever is later
c. At least three years
2. The average salary increase for nonexempt hourly workers was 3.0% this year. What’s the projected increase for 2018?
3. An international survey says employees in which country are the happiest in their jobs?
b. United States
4. A full 61% of U.S. workers say the 9-to-5 workday is a thing of the past. In which city do the higher percentage of employees say this is true?
a. Washington, D.C.
b. Los Angeles
5. What is the best day and time to schedule a workplace meeting that people are most likely to be available to attend?
a. Friday at 10:00 a.m.
b. Wednesday at noon
c. Tuesday at 3:00 p.m.
Sources: 1. USCIS 2. WorldatWork Salary Budget survey 3. Happiness Works survey 4. CareerBuilder.com survey 5. When is Good survey
Answers: 1. a 2. b 3. b 4. a 5. c