A Texas judge has issued a preliminary injunction preventing a rule from taking effect that would have required federal contractors to inform Uncle Sam of any accusations ofviolations lodged against them in the previous three years. The rule was to have taken effect Oct. 25.
Judge Marcia A. Crone of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas said there was a reasonable likelihood that plaintiffs in a lawsuit would be able to make the case that no legislation permitted the disclosure rule.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Use caution when dealing with 'Protected concerted activity'
- Personnel records: Your guide to ADA and FMLA medical confidentiality
- 'I'm having health problems': 7 steps for handling the interactive conversation
- Men Eligible for 'Maternity Leave'