1. More than a quarter of American workers reported feeling stressed out at work this fall because:
a. Longer commutes after summer
b. Income concerns
c. Office talk about the presidential campaign
2. The first bill President Obama signed into law (in 2009) was one that:
a. Made it easier for employees to sue for pay discrimination
b. Made it easier for unions to organize
c. Raised the minimum wage
3. What’s the No. 1 pet peeve employees have about meetings?
a. When they veer off topic
b. When they’re unproductive
c. When one person dominates the talking
4. What’s the No. 1 thing that makes HR managers pay extra attention to a résumé?
a. Addressed to a specific hiring manager
b. Customized to the open position
c. Includes link to a candidate’s portfolio
5. What did one applicant list among “hobbies” on his résumé, according to a survey of HR professionals?
b. Hacking government computers
6. The average cost of providing health care this year runs $8,669 per covered employee, which equates to ___ of a company’s annual operating budget.
Sources: 1. American Psychological Association survey 2. The White House 3. Society for Human Resource Managment 4. Igloo Software survey 5. CareerBuilder.com survey 6. CareerBuilder.com survey
Answers: 1. c 2. a 3. b 4. b 5. c 6. a