by Adam Goldstein
Sexual harassment costs workplaces hundreds of millions of dollars annually in lost productivity and legal liability. Beyond the dollar figures, companies struggle with the bad PR that comes with it, and individuals must endure the shame.
How well do you understand the issue of harassment? Take this true-or-false quiz and find out.
- If an employee is threatened with retaliation for refusing a supervisor’s sexual advances, but the threats are never carried out, then it’s not sexual harassment.
- Organizations can be held liable for sexual harassment committed by customers against employees.
- Sexual harassment can occur between two heterosexual members of the same gender.
- A single lewd joke is generally not sexual harassment.
- An organization cannot be held liable for sexually harassing conduct that it doesn’t know about.
- If an employee accepts a supervisor’s sexual advances and is rewarded with a promotion, he c...(register to read more)