It’s important to work on your professional growth even after you’ve attained a job you love. Unfortunately, it’s difficult to find the time to go to conferences. Listed below are five books that can help you grow professionally on your own time:
1. Webs of Influence: The Psychology of Online Persuasion by Nathalie Nahai. Nahai writes about the psychology of how we do business.
2. Talk Like TED by Carmine Gallo. Gallo’s book gives advice on how to deliver speeches that are memorable and persuasive.
3. The Chimp Paradox by Dr. Steve Peters. Peters’ book gives a new perspective on how both you and the people around you analyze the world around them.
4. Become a Key Person of Influence by Daniel Priestley. Priestley’s book is all about forming connections and working your way into the inner circle in your company.
5. Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff. Klaff’s book will help you pitch any idea that comes to mind.
— Adapted from “The 5 Books EVERYONE Must Read To Get Ahead In Their Career,” Chantal Bechervaise, Take It Personel-ly.