If you plan to hire nurses, software developers or marketing managers next year, prepare to up your advertising budget. Those positions top the hot jobs list compiled by employment research firm Economic Modeling Specialists Intl. (EMSI).
To obtain its rankings, EMSI calculated occupations in which the number of job ads employers posted each month throughout 2015 outpaced the number of people they actually hired.
The methodology provides a reasonable predictor of supply and demand, indicating occupations have seen healthy growth in the recent past and may be in demand in the coming year.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 4th Circuit: You don't have to hire applicant who sued former employer for FLSA violations
- The 'rookie metric': How to track quality of new hires
- Background checks, employee investigations and the FCRA
- Identify employees with substance-abuse problems