Almost two-thirds of employers surveyed offer individual performance-based incentives, but it’s not the most common kind of variable pay.
Hiring bonuses: 74%
Performance incentives: 65%
Retention bonuses: 59%
Profit sharing: 21%
Source: WorldatWork Total Rewards Programs and Practices study, June 2015
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Update from Sacramento: 4 new California laws will affect HR
- Will proposed legislation put us on the financial hook for misclassified employees?
- Support exempt decisions with job analysis
- Independent contractor label is no protection from overtime