Domestic violence isn’t always domestic. It shows up in your workplace as
Some states allow employees time off following incidents of domestic violence even if their injuries aren’t serious enough to trigger . Plus, more than 20 states allow people to collect unemployment compensation if they have to quit due to domestic violence. Several states allow domestic violence victims to use state-provided “dummy” addresses.
Find training/policy tips at: www.stopfamilyviolence.org, www.ncdsv.org and www.ncadv.org.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Top 10 FMLA and ADA issues employers must know how to handle
- Carefully account for all FMLA leave absences
- Can we reduce pay for exempt employee who will miss work for intermittent FMLA leave?
- How can we help an employee who is receiving harassing phone calls?