The U.S. Labor Department has ordered Marc Meixner of GPTA Benefits Group Inc. to restore more than $500,000 to the Georgia Plumbers Trade Association Health Plan.
GPTA was the marketer and administrator of the plan, which served 28 employer groups with 500 participants in Georgia. The plan was terminated in 2004, leaving participants with more than half a million dollars in unpaid claims.
The department sued Meixner and several associates, along with affiliate Employers OneSource Inc., for failing to properly underwrite, fund and administer the plan.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 5 low-cost perks from Fortune's best: Would they work in your organization?
- Pennsylvania Law on Inspection of Employment Records
- 100% of employees participate in wellness program at tech firm
- How to comply with Colorado's 3 newest workplace laws