1. Employers must retain their I-9s for:
a. At least three years after the person’s hire date or one year after termination, whichever comes later
b. At least one year after the person’s hire date or three years after termination, whichever comes later
c. Three years
2. Percentage of hiring managers who say a job candidate has used profanity during an interview:
3. What is the ideal day and time to schedule a meeting that people are most likely to attend?
a. Friday at 10 a.m.
b. Wednesday at 1 p.m.
c. Tuesday at 3 p.m.
4. What are the two most common recognition awards given to employees (in order)?
a. Length of service, extra effort
b. Retirement, length of service
c. Extra effort, engaging in a specific behavior
5. What city just became the largest municipality to raise its minimum wage (by 2020) to $15 per hour?
b. Los Angeles
6. Which generation boasts the largest percentage of U.S. workers?
a. Millennials (age 18-34)
b. Gen Xers (age 35-50)
Sources: 1. USCIS; 2. Vault.com survey; 3. When is Good survey; 4. World at Work survey; 5. The HR Weekly; 6. Pew Research Center, May 2015
Answers: 1. a 2. b 3. c 4. a 5. b 6. a
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Your favorite! Answers to 'What's the most bizarre thing you've ever experienced in a job interview?'
- How to regain wages paid after worker falsified timecards
- Use harassment hotline? Keep detailed records
- Explore new generation of Internet-based payroll services