1. The EEOC said last month that Title VII anti-discrimination law makes it unlawful to discriminate against:
a. Younger employees (under 21)
b. Transgender employees
c. Left-handed employees
2. OSHA has unveiled an updated version of its __________ that employers must display at work:
a. Employee Injury and Illness summary sheet
b. “It’s the Law” safety poster
c. Emergency exit routes for buildings
3. A new government report says suicides in U.S. workplaces are:
a. On the rise
b. On the decline
c. Not changed
4. A new EEOC program starting in May allows employers to:
a. Conduct mediation sessions via video
b. Immediately pay a fine when facing a discrimination charge
c. Respond online to EEOC discrimination charges
5. What percentage of U.S. companies had some form of arbitration clause for employees or customers?
6. What percentage of employees say their manager has brought up national, state or local politics at work?
Sources: 1. EEOC; 2. OSHA; 3. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health; 4. EEOC; 5. Carlton Fields Jorden Burt survey; 6. Harvard University SSRS survey.
Answers: 1. b 2. b 3. a 4. c 5.c 6. a
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Vacation policy: Keep benchmarks, formality in mind
- Make sure employee handbook includes at-will disclaimer
- Prepare to determine, when the allegations fly: Sexual harassment--or just some clueless guy?
- It's every manager's duty to take harassment complaints