A Texas appeals court had dismissed a lawsuit filed by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on behalf of nine chimpanzees and monkeys.
The court said the primates don’t have an independent right to sue for poor conditions at the Texas animal sanctuary they were transferred to after “retiring” from service at Ohio State University. No word on whether PETA plans to appeal or perhaps file an overtime claim for unpaid wages with the Labor Department.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- California's wage-and-hour laws apply to everyone--even foreign-owned corporations
- Court losing patience with pro se complaints
- ADA: Use these criteria to keep courts from second-guessing job's 'essential functions'
- FMLA, FLSA, ADA and more: The 10 employment laws every manager must know