1. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) makes it unlawful for employers with ________ employees to discriminate against based on age.
a. 15 or more
b. 20 or more
c. 50 or more
2. In 2002, U.S. employees stayed with their employer an average of 4.7 years. By 2014, that number had:
a. Risen to 5.5 years
b. Fallen to 3.9 years
c. Stayed the same
3. Retaliation is the most popular job-discrimination complaint filed with the EEOC. What are the second and third, in order?
a. Age, race
b. Race, sex
c. Sex, age
4. What do Americans say is the No. 1 most important skill for their children to have to get ahead in the world?
5. Which industry has the highest unionization rate in the private sector?
6. What tech tool do U.S. employees say is most important to perform their jobs?
b. Landline phone
Sources: 1. EEOC; 2. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS); 3. EEOC; 4. Pew Research Center Poll; 5. BLS; 6. Pew Research Center
Answers: 1. b 2. a 3. b 4. c 5. b 6. c
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Football-themed safety incentives cut accidents
- EEOC issues new mandatory poster highlighting GINA
- Fiscal Cliff Watch: IRS OKs using 2012 withholding rate for now
- Use your Internet policy to justify terminating potentially dangerous employee