The fictional Business Thingies Unlimited knows how easy it is to get lost in the Twitter crowd of companies jostling for attention, so they mix it up and make sure no tweet is wasted. The week shown includes:
1. An open interaction with a follower. It could be a customer, it could be a fellow leader in the industry. It shows they’ve got a concerned human voice.
2. Valuable information about what’s going on in their company. Not just an empty promo, but a nugget of real news.
3. An image. They intrigue followers with a picture it would behoove them to see the rest of.
4. A retweet. BTU gets over themselves a little and shares a good piece from someone influential.
5. Simply something interesting. Here they’re trying to entertain and educate, not just sell—because they want their followers to keep coming back for more.