1. Retaliation was the most common discrimination claim by employees in 2014. What was the second most common?
a. Race discrimination
b. Sex discrimination
c. Age discrimination
2. What do HR professionals say is the biggest body language mistake made by interviewees?
a. Failing to make eye contact
b. Failing to smile
c. Having a weak handshake
3. In what month do the highest percentage of work-related fatal injuries occur?
4. Companies with $10 million or more in assets face a 15% chance of an IRS audit. What about companies with less than $10 million in assets?
a. 1% chance
b. 7% chance
c. 17% chance
5. What are the top two things, in order, that employees say make them late for work most often?
a. Overslept, bad weather
b. Bad weather, traffic
c. Traffic, overslept
6. What percentage of employers say they directly tie pay raises to job performance?
Sources: 1. EEOC; 2. CareerBuilder Survey; 3. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics; 4. Inc. magazine; 5. CareerBuilder survey; 6. WorldatWork study.
Answers: 1. a 2. a 3. b 4. a 5. c 6. b