Every leader runs up against direct challenges. Some common ones threaten:
1. Your values. Your character and values are cornerstones of your. Make sure they’re clear and non-negotiable.
2. Your time. If you don’t manage your time, someone else will.
3. Your expectations. Expectations fuel your dreams. Threats to your expectations surface when people see risks, not opportunities, and opt for what’s safe. Bring them up to your level.
4. Your growth. Expand your horizons. Never stop growing.
5. Your health. Don’t let responsibilities cause you to neglect diet or exercise.
6. Yourself. Leadership, first and foremost, is an inside job. Lead yourself.
— Adapted from “Six Threats Every Leader Will Face," Doug Dickerson, LinkedIn.