You wouldn’t buy a new car without a test drive. So why should you invest time and money in hiring an untested job candidate?
Strategy: Hire temps and then offer permanent positions to the star performers. That way both you and the candidates can come to know one another with no strings attached. Plus, you will be able to assess each person’s skills and find workers who fit within your work culture.
—Adapted from “Try Before You Buy,” www.careerbuilder.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Workplace in turmoil? Here's how to know where to start cleaning house
- Even self-representing litigants have deadlines
- How can we investigate fraudulent dependents on employee W-4 forms?
- Target pays $2.8 million, agrees to drop hiring tests