You wouldn’t buy a new car without a test drive. So why should you invest time and money in hiring an untested job candidate?
Strategy: Hire temps and then offer permanent positions to the star performers. That way both you and the candidates can come to know one another with no strings attached. Plus, you will be able to assess each person’s skills and find workers who fit within your work culture.
—Adapted from “Try Before You Buy,” www.careerbuilder.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- One wrong word can launch a lawsuit: Warn bosses about the danger of ageist comments
- 5 interview questions that reveal their true nature
- Know the risks when hiring third-party workers
- Is there a legal way to ask if candidates will be able to work weekends and after hours?