Recruiting employees from outside your organization for both mission and culture fit is easier said than done. Oftentimes, you run a much better chance of recruiting from within your organization.
If your organization is not actively considering employees for potential promotions and to fill other vacant slots, take a cue from successful organizations like Apple, General Electric and Nordstrom.
Make a commitment to grooming and promoting the talent you already have. Follow these tips:
- Identify employees who have the potential to move up, and test their mettle by offering them challenging special projects.
- Communicate with them about career trajectory frequently.
- Build specific achievement milestones into their regular .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Is it legally risky to refuse to hire people who have been arrested?
- Shopping for Employment Practices Liability Insurance: 6 Questions to Ask
- After-school activity: Put your kids on the payroll
- OK to use candidate observations to justify hiring decisions