Your followers want clear, concise content that they can absorb quickly. Avoid making these mistakes on your next blog entry:
- Overcomplicating things. Don’t create elaborate stories to explain a simple concept. Get to the point with shorter sentences and illustrative action verbs.
- Doing too much storytelling. An anecdote to introduce your main idea and some related bits throughout the blog are enough. Don’t focus the entire blog on you; focus on your readers and make it clear what they can learn.
- Over-publishing. You don’t have to publish daily. You should stick to a regular schedule; two or three times per week should suffice.
- Lacking enthusiasm. If you can’t write your post with enthusiasm, delay your writing. On the other hand, when you are feeling passionate about your topic, write two posts and save one for later.
- Failing to edit. Don’t edit on the fly. Step away from your blog entry for a while and return to edit it with fresh eyes.
— Adapted from “11 Common Blogging Mistakes That Are Wasting Your Audience’s Time,” Henneke Duistermaat, www.copyblogger.com.