If you plan to beef up your staff this busy holiday season, make sure you ask the right questions. Your standard interview questions about long-term goals and career ambitions don’t apply.
Instead, ask candidates to describe how they handle pressure, stress and a tremendous workload. If they’ll be interacting with customers, learn about their previous customer service experience, and ask them to explain how they plan to deal with difficult people.
— Adapted from “Interview Tips for Hiring Seasonal Workers,” Online Development, www.madison.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Use 'Soft' criteria for staffing decisions? Be prepared to back up rationale
- 'Blacklisting' for prior EEOC complaints may be retaliation
- Background checks, employee investigations and the FCRA
- In Thomasville, prospective principal pockets $25,000