The rule was to have gone into effect Jan. 1.
A coalition of home health care providers is seeking an injunction that would prevent the rule from taking effect at all.
The court is expected to rule on the injunction by Jan. 14.
Advice: If your organization provides home health services, consult your attorney right away to determine if the ruling affects your operations.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Is there a grace period for paying overtime?
- Beware retaliation claim if you punish employee for filing internal wage-and-hour complaint
- Rocky Mount company faces huge pay lawsuit in California
- Do tips count as pay for the purpose of calculating an employee's overtime rate of pay?