7 traits of a good leader
Labeling leadership traits as “masculine” or “feminine” is just a mental shortcut based on popular culture, not facts.
We keep taking the shortcut because it’s easy, but these traits, traditionally associated with women, can help anyone lead.
- Empathy. Sharing others’ state of mind.
- Vulnerability. Admitting your limitations and asking for help.
- Humility. Keeping your ego in check, sharing credit and serving others.
- Inclusiveness. Developing a chorus of many voices.
- Generosity. Freely giving of your resources.
- Balance. Finding time for both work and life.
- Patience. Keeping calm and carrying on.
— Adapted from “What a leader needs now,” Leigh Buchanan, Inc.