Underperformers in IBM’s Global Technology Services strategic outsourcing group have been ordered to spend one day per week for the next six months in training—and take a 10% pay cut for the duration.
A Sept. 12 memo obtained by Computerworld magazine says the consultants “have not kept pace with the skills” Big Blue needs. An IBM statement says it views the salary reductions as a form of employee “co-investment” in training.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- What to ask employees during exit interviews
- Here's a Novel Idea: Read Your Own Company Handbook
- Employing agency determines where public employees' whistle-blower suits will be heard
- Missed lunch invitations, cramped office aren't enough to warrant lawsuit