Financial services firm Edward Jones is aggressively recruiting military veterans as financial advisors.
To that end, the St. Louis organization two years ago created a FORCES program that features a website to recruiting veterans, videos that introduce potential employees to veterans already on staff, along with training and compensation programs geared especially for vets.
The firm also matches newly hired veterans with mentors who show them the ropes.
Since the FORCES program launched in May 2012, the company has hired 931 veterans as financial advisors.
Contact: John Boul of Edward Jones, (314) 515-3265.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- DOL grants to fund research on paid sick and family leave
- Have attorney draft class-action waiver so it's enforceable in court
- New rule on white-collar overtime pay pushed back to February
- Obama signs Ledbetter Act, easing path for pay-bias suits