No matter how skilled and dedicated you are, you won't perform at your best as a manager if you feel consistently burdened by your job duties.
Take our quiz to see how you're doing at managing your workload. For each statement, rate yourself from 1 to 5, with 1 being "almost never" and 5 "almost always":
- I take work home several nights a week.
- I'm so tired when I get home that I can't enjoy my evenings.
- My team can't get its work done unless I pitch in to help.
- Unfinished work is piling up on my desk.
- I spend more time putting out fires than doing my own work.
- I'm postponing projects until there's time to do them right.
- I often do work that others could or should do.
- I end up staying late or working on weekends to get my work done.
- I only have time to do the work that's due today.
- I find it difficult to ask for help.
- I'm the only person who knows how to do my job.
- I spend a lot of time each day in meetings.
- I'...(register to read more)