Was demography or economic distress to blame for the sudden jump in age discrimination charges between 2006 and 2008? Of note: The first baby boomers turned 60 in 2006.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Carefully document every rule violation to defend against surprise claims
- Leave harassment investigation to the pros
- OK to broach retirement option before layoff
- Consider uniform, ADEA-compliant severance and rights-waiver releases--even if age isn't factor