Notify IRS of address change — Business Management Daily: Free Reports on Human Resources, Employment Law, Office Management, Office Communication, Office Technology and Small Business Tax Business Management Daily
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

Notify IRS of address change

Get PDF file

by on
in Small Business Tax

Q. I’m having my disabled mother’s mail sent to me. Should I send the IRS a change of address? J.M., Wall Township, N.J.

A. Yes. If the address was changed after filing your mother’s return, notify the post office that services the old address. Because not all post offices forward government checks, simply arranging for mail to be forwarded by the post office doesn’t ensure you’ll receive a refund check. To change your address with the IRS, complete Form 8822, Change of Address. Send it to the IRS address shown on the form.

Tip: Don’t forget to also change your mother’s address for state income tax purposes.

Related Articles...

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: