Here’s a little trick if you’re on a dark airplane using your iPad. Your bright iPad screen is like a glaring flashlight to your fellow passengers if you’re working on an app with a white screen. You can adjust your iPad so that pressing the Home button three times will “invert colors,” making all the whites black, and so forth. This drastically reduces the amount of light you’re putting out, but still allows you to see what you’re doing.
Here’s how to set up your iPad to easily invert your colors:
- Go to Settings > General.
- Choose Accessibility, toward the top of the General screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Accessibility screen and choose Accessibility Shortcut.
- Select Invert Colors.
- Test by pressing your Home button (on the front of your iPad) three times in quick succession.
- To return to normal colors, simply press the Home button three times again.