For all the recent talk about raising the national minimum wage to $10.10 per hour, it’s worth noting that 22 states already require pay higher than the current federal minimum of $7.25 per hour. Washington has the highest rate: $9.32 per hour.
Find an interactive map showing every state’s minimum at the Department of Labor's website.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Here's a tip: Know law on paying employees who work for tips
- Mere guessing at compensation disparity won't help employee win EPA lawsuit
- Backup care aids attendance when regular care falls through
- SHRM: Surcharges work! Smoking at work reduced