A grassroots lobbying effort led by the Fair Pay Campaign is pushing employers to pay their interns, starting with the White House. The group says President Obama cannot “in good faith, go after minimum wage (increases) and at the same time have unpaid staff.”
In June, a landmark court ruling said Fox Searchlight must pay interns who performed menial tasks for movie production. When must you pay? Read "Court: If interns perform work, pay them!"
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Faster union elections on the way following NLRB action
- How do we accommodate an employee's obvious disability tactfully and legally?
- What employers need to know about electronic signatures
- Attempted suicide: Grounds for dismissal or proof of disability?