To attract 3,000 new salaried employees this year—800 more than the company anticipated—Ford Motor Co. launched a recruiting campaign that relies heavily on social media.
The campaign, titled, “The Distance Between You and an Amazing Career Has Never Been Shorter,” starts the application process on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter instead of through more traditional means, such as mail or telephone.
“The type of talent we want at Ford are often searching for and evaluating potential employers on social media sites, so expanding our recruiting efforts on these channels ensures we have a strong presence throughout their selection process,” says Felicia Fields, Ford’s HR president. Plus, she notes, the focus on social media helps the company portray the “fresh and innovative image that reflects Ford and what we stand for.”
In addition to the social media campaign, Ford also is increasing its recruiting presence on college campuses. The car maker also has announced a goal to create 12,000 hourly jobs in the U.S. by 2015.
Contact: Jay Cooney of Ford, (313) 319-5477.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Do your hiring tests simulate true working conditions?
- 5 Ohio employers among 'Best Companies to Work For'
- Lawsuit-free hiring: The 5 laws you need to know & 4 steps you need to take
- Press 'Send' for Liability: A Case Study in Misdirected E-mail